Pages

Thursday 18 June 2015

Beauty Haul!

I haven't been out to treat myself on some new makeup for ages, so with Summer coming, I decided to buy a few bits to make my makeup more summer appropriate.

The first thing I bought was not makeup related at all. I got this Michael Kors Jet Set Tote. My last bag was looking a bit well used, so I decided to buy a new one. I love the Michael Kors bags, they're gorgeous and reasonable priced compared to bags of a similar quality. 



I usually only buy beauty products after they've been recommended, but I saw this in Boots and picked it up. It's Soap & Glory's No Clogs Allowed face mask. My skin's been pretty good recently, but my pores are just never right. I've only used this once and it did make my skin look much better. The mask heats as you put it on your face, which is a peculiar sensation but it makes me feel like it's doing something.


I also finally got my hands on the Naked 2 palette, which I've been meaning to get for absolutely ages. I have the first and third Naked palettes but just haven't got round to buying the second. I didn't see much point since I have more nude shadows than I'm ever going to use in my lifetime, but it looked so beautiful I couldn't resist. 



Going with the summer theme, I got these floral hairbands from Primark. I'm not sure if I can pull them off but I love them and if I can't pull them off now, at 24 years old, then I'll never be able to wear them! Also it makes it so easy to do your hair, total lazy girl cheat!


This highlighter seems to be owned by everyone, but I'm only just jumping on the bandwagon. It's Soft & Gentle by MAC and I absolutely love it! The reason for not buying this was that I always had a highlighter to use and I didn't see what the difference was between them. This one is amazing, I'm totally converted. It's perfect for summer and it makes your skin look all glowy - really sets off a tan!



I've had the Soap and Glory hand cream before, this was just a repurchase. Being a student nurse is so hard on your hands! Mine are dried up within an inch of their lives so I live for hand cream. This one does the job and smells amazing. 


I've tried to get along with Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation before and it just doesn't work for me. The concealer has always been a solid favourite and it pained me in the past that the foundation was so cheap but just didn't work on my skin. I've got a bit of a tan than usual so, since it was on offer, I decided to risk it. I got it in Classic Beige and I'm really liking it. I found that the lighter shades always seemed to look quite orange on me, but this one has been great. It is quite thick coverage, which annoys me in the summer because it hides my freckles and it looks a bit odd to have a freckled chest and a totally clear face. I've been using duo fibre brush to make the application lighter.


Since summer (usually) means heat and for me, heat means makeup sliding off your face, I got a new eyeshadow primer. This one's the Urban Decay Primer Potion in Eden. I prefer this to the original because it gives a little colour to my eyelids before I even put shadow on, and hides any veins or discolouration. 


And last but absolutely not least is my #1 summer must have. MAC's Fix + has seen me through summer for years now and I still love it. It makes your makeup look so dewy and flawless, and it's perfect for giving a quick spritz when you're hot! 


Let me know if you have any summer must haves that I should have in my life!
Thanks for reading



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment? ❤